This week on the GeekWire Podcast: how the pandemic, politics, labor shortages, and the rise of remote work are impacting U.S. immigration in the tech industry and beyond — and how ongoing challenges in the system could be putting the country’s future at risk.
Joining my colleague John Cook and me is Xiao Wang, CEO and co-founder of Boundless, a Seattle technology company that streamlines the immigration process.
Listen below, or subscribe to GeekWire in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you listen. Continue reading for links to stories and more information about the topics we discuss.
Produced and edited by Curt Milton. Theme music by Daniel L.K. Caldwell.
- GeekWire: Immigration startup Boundless raises $25M, eyes opportunity with ‘pro-immigrant administration’
- Seattle startup Boundless raises $7.5M to acquire rival RapidVisa and grow online immigration tools
- Axios: Little-noticed spending bill provision could fix green card backlog
- New York Times: Contending With the Pandemic, Wealthy Nations Wage Global Battle for Migrants
- Boundless: House Passes Sweeping Social Spending Plan With $100B Earmarked for Immigration Reform