Elizabeth Scallon, a Seattle tech veteran who was most recently at Amazon, is now at HP as director of Incubation enablement.
Scallon joined Amazon in 2020 and helped connect entrepreneurs to the company’s Alexa Startups and Alexa Fund programs, and most recently worked for Grand Challenge, a secretive research lab within Amazon. She was previously head of WeWork Labs for Northern California and the Pacific Northwest, and was also a director of the University of Washington’s CoMotion Labs.
“I feel lucky to have been at Amazon for 617 ‘Day 1’s,’ for all the Amazonian learnings and peculiar experiences,” Scallon wrote on LinkedIn, adding that she’s “thrilled for this next chapter in my career to help support internal and external partners invent the future.”
Scallon is also currently co-founder and board chair of Find Ventures, a new accelerator program that prioritizes Washington state entrepreneurs from underserved and historically marginalized communities.
Other personnel changes across the Pacific Northwest tech industry:
- John Novak, former chief marketing officer at Hiya, joined Fauna as vice president of marketing.
- Gary McMath, partner at Kaizen Creative Partnership, joined Blueprint Technologies as chief of growth.
- Patricia Beckmann, founder and managing director at BioStrategy, was appointed to National Advisory Council on Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- Sean Thompson, former executive vice president at SAP, joined NAVEX as president and chief executive officer.
- Unbounce, a webpage development platform, announced three new hires to its leadership team: Darby Sieben as chief product officer, Saba El-Hilo as vice president of engineering, and Peter Housley as chief marketing officer.